The Texas Recreation and Park Society is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization that consists of approximately 2,000 parks and recreation professionals, students and citizen advocates who share a common passion for advocacy, education, networking and offering quality services to their communities.
Join the TRAPS Academy of Leadership Development
Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow - TRAPS is accepting applications for the Academy of Leadership Development, a program that will build a community of professionals committed to effective leadership, while engaging in a culture of life-long learning, creative thinking and achieving the highest level of respect and recognition.
Apply by March 25th
- Must have at least two (2) and no more than seven (7) years of full-time work experience in the field of parks and recreation or related field.
- Must be an active member of the Texas Recreation and Park Society.
- Must complete application by the deadline of March 25, 2014 and submit all necessary documents.
- A cohort group of 15, selected via an application process (submission deadline March 25th) and committee reviewed and notified by April 18th. Cohort group will be key players in TRAPS’ legislative efforts starting in January 2015. The group’s formal graduation will be at the TRAPS Institute - March 2015 in Abilene.
Institute & EXPO General Session Fun
Who had fun while listening to the "Authority on Attitude" Keynote Speaker Sam Glenn during the General Session at the Institute & EXPO Feb. 18?
The fun-filled session included appearances from the Corpus Christi Hooks Mascot, Sammy The Seagull; a highly entertaining Keynote Speaker; and entertainment from Corpus Christi that included bagpipes from the Corpus Christi Fire Rescue and a performance from a local youth dance team. The session also featured the Lone Star Legacy Park presentation.
Photo: Corpus Christi staff pose with Corpus Christi Hooks Mascot, Sammy the Seagull. Left-Right: Lisa Oliver, Michael Morris, Sammy the Seagull, and Ericka Maldonado. Photo by Edgar De La Garza, DLG Photograpy.
MORE GENERAL SESSION PHOTOS
2014 Lone Star Legacy Parks
The 2014 Lone Star Legacy Parks were awarded at the 2014 Institute & EXPO General Session in Corpus Christi. A Lone Star Legacy Park is a park that holds special prominence in the local community and the state of Texas. These parks have endured the test of time and have become iconic to those who have visited, played and rested on their grounds
Congratulations to this year's class of Lone Star Legacy Parks!:
- Meadowbrook Park, Arlington, 1923
- Fireman's Park, Brenham, 1883
- Gussie Field Watterworth Park, Farmers Branch, 1954
- Davis Mountains State Park/Indian Lodge, Fort Davis -TPWD, 1933
- Lindheimer Park, New Braunfels, 1845
- Bergfeld Park, Tyler, 1913
- Getzendaner Memorial Park, Waxahachie, 1889
- Emancipation Park, Houston, 1918
The winners will be featured in the spring TRAPS magazine and on the Lone Star Legacy web page.
TRAPS installs 2014 officers
Congratulations the the newly installed TRAPS Board and Branch leadership! The officers were installed at the 2014 Institute & EXPO Awards Luncheon along with President-elect Jim Browne as the 2014 TRAPS President.
Education Session presentations
Are you a speaker? E-mail presentations to email@example.com.
Maintenance Rodeo in the news
Congratulations to the 2014 Maintenance Rodeo winners!
PICTURED: Maintenance Rodeo participants by the bay
- Photo by Edgar De La Garza with DLG Photography
Congratulations TRAPS Award Winners!
Congratulations to this year's TRAPS Award winners! The winners will be featured on the TRAPS website and in the spring TRAPS magazine.
Join Texas Recreation and Park Society on social media. Mention the 2014 Institute & EXPO at #TRAPSInstitute. Share what you learned during the event. Your quote could be featured in future print and online publications.
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter