The following positions are held by TRAPS:
A. TRAPS takes the position of support of the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) top legislative and advocacy priorities. NRPA annually supports a national agenda for public parks and recreation in America that will ensure:
- Appropriate matching federal investments in local, regional, and state parks and recreation resources;
- Conservation and stewardship of our natural and cultural resources;
- Close-to-home access to parks and recreation resources for all, and
- National policies that promote healthy lifestyles and livable communities.
NRPA supports national policies that promote physical activity, proper nutrition, child care, juvenile justice, and environmental sustainability.
NRPA believes that parks and recreation can improve the physical health and mental health of every person, and that parks and recreation should be an essential public service of every community in America. Recommendations of the State Park Advisory Board Report including:
- $25 million in annual appropriations for the Texas Recreation & Parks Account
- Increased funding for the State Park operations, maintenance, acquisition and capital improvements to meet current and future needs.
Ensure that no legislative appropriation riders set aside TRPA money for specific projects or locales.
- All TRPA fund awards should be subject to established competitive grant process.
Click here to download a document wi information regarding TRAPS support for increased sporting goods sales tax appropriations for local and state parks.
Click here to view the 83rd Session Legislature Resolution and to support legislation that increases funding for Texas parks and recreation.
History of Park Grant Funding
Park Grant Funding History by Name and District
Park Grant Funding History by House Appropriations Committee
Park Grant Funding History by House Appropriations Sub-committee
House Appropriations Committee Members